May 19, 2011

Optimism...

I have been going through more and more stages of funkiness.  After the most recent one I realized that I needed to face them instead of saying oh it's no big deal and moving on.  Moving on isn't a horrible thing to do but if I continue to constantly go through spots of dark clouds, one day they are likely to get the better of me and I don't want that to happen.

There is no rhyme nor reason to when I become funky, not that I can tell anyway.  But usually right in the middle of it I realize that it's been going on for at least a few days.  I don't know if it's cued because I noticed it or if I would have started to feel better anyway but once I know I'm being funky I start to come out of it.  It's seems to be on a cycle, like that of a hibernating bear on Planet Mercury.  You know if there were bears hibernating on Mercury.

Follow me here...It takes approximately 88 days (Earth time) for Mercury to go around the Sun.  I'm not going to get super mathy here, I'm more of a number rounder.  Split 88 days into 4 seasons and that gives you about 3 weeks a season.  So that gives me (the bear) 9 weeks to wake from my slumber, sniff some flowers, scare some people and eat some berries before I realize it's time to find another cave to shack up in for the next 3 weeks.  

That seems about right.  I will be perfectly fine for a long time.  I am an optimist.  I can find the good in almost anything.  I give people the benefit of the doubt.  I accept what comes my way and do the best I can.  Then I realize I've eaten my last berry, winter snuck up on me and the dark clouds are over head.  So I retreat.  Without a word I go into hiding and just as people are starting to notice that I haven't been around as much, there I am.  All ninja bear-like.  Happy and ready to be me.  

It may not be the healthiest way to live life right now...but, considering our life right now I think I'm doing a pretty good job of staying sane.  So there you go.  I am Andrea, an optimist, an Aquarius, a hibernating bear on Mercury.  Awesome.





 - Today I am grateful for my sense of humor, it comes in handy, a lot -

1 comment:

  1. My dear Andrea....you are awesome! During the time I have known you, you have always been a great friend to my daughter. You are also a supporter and loving wife, a wonderful mother and I'm sure your Mom would agree, a tremendous daughter! You should keep your head up, even when those dark clouds seem to be coming down around you. The age of Aquarius is strong and will keep you being who you are! I love you!!! Mom Rubye

    ReplyDelete