November 08, 2012

I Don't Know What This Post Is About...

Sometimes I wonder if my life is really boring so I have nothing to blog about or if I'm so darn busy and I have no time to blog.

I think it's a little of both.

I am always busy but a good portion of the time it's things like cleaning and laundry, so not exciting to blog (or read) about (you're welcome).  With AJ starting school I have become as involved in PTA as I can without being a board member.  I volunteer when I'm able, attend all the meetings and do things at home for his teacher.

Just last night she sent home a few little things for me to do.  But do you really want to hear about how I sterilized and bagged counting beans for their math work?  Well too bad you just did.

There was also a SAC meeting last night that I attended.  It was full of Mission and Vision Statements, new K-1 report cards and District Accreditation.  Not what you come here to read about...but that is what I do.

I actually love going to all these meetings.  I am involved and know what is going on in the school.  I am known by the PTA board members.  My face is recognized by the Principal and Vice Principal of the school.  Everyone knows Ryan too.  There are somethings that I am not able to help with because I have Ryan with me but most things she is with me and no one has a problem.  It's great!

I picked Jasey up from work last night then he dropped me off at my meeting.  I didn't want him to have to load up the kids to come get me, figuring they would be in bed by the time I got out and for the record only one of them was.  So I threw my bike in the back of the car.  It was close to 8 o'clock by the time the meeting got out.  With the time change it was dark and with the lovely weather we've been having it was pretty chilly.  I hadn't brought a jacket.  Luckily, it's only a mile to get home.  I biked home, it was great.  I bike most of the time to and from school but I'm pulling the bike trailer behind me with two kids in it.  With the weight of the kids and the trailer I've estimated I'm pulling an extra 110 pounds.  No trailer, no kids, I was flying!

In addition to all the biking, I've been getting up at 5 every morning to take Kirby for long walks and to go to the gym.  I have no expectations for this routine.  I'm doing it now and that's what matters.  I do need to get a better eating habit back.  I'm not doing bad I just know I can do better.  I'm not super strict and give myself some wiggle room cause I'm sorry eating without wiggle room is no way to live!  Candy and snacks and ice cream are in no way foods of the earth but damn it they were created for a reason and that reason is for me to enjoy them every once in a while.  So I shall.

We still love our place and now that the weather has been so nice we are leaving all the windows open.  Ok let me rephrase that.  We are leaving the two windows and one glass sliding door open.  The kids can wander out onto the balcony and use their easel and art stuff.  Kirby goes and lays out there all the time, too.  Plus, we get to enjoy the cool breeze and fresh air.  No A/C!!  I also love that since all of our living area is on the second and third floors I don't have to close the windows before we leave.

AJ and Ryan love the Gangnam Style song.  And of course they have their own versions, which always make you giggle.  AJ's Lyrics...Heeeeey, Sexy Baby, Oh, oh, oh, Oppa Gum Dum Sty...and Ryan's Lyrics...Aaaaa, sex Baby, o, o, o, Ho Gon Sta.   They are both super cute and even when the  song is not on they will sing it together and dance.  As parents, these are the sort of things that you wish will never change.  But one day their own lyrics will join the land of 'Hurkles' and 'Clock-a-dollars', those are 'freckles' and 'crocodiles' for those of you that don't speak toddler-ese.  


So those are a few random things that are in my life at the moment.  Very exciting I know.  You must be on the edge of your seat right now.  I know I am.  But that is because I'm bringing this post to a close and I have to jump up and put in another load of laundry.  
Until next time!  






I am thankful that my life is just the right amount of crazy for me.   






No comments:

Post a Comment