February 06, 2013

100's...

As you know I was going to write my 100th post on my birthday and that fell through.  I had to come up with a new plan.  Then last night, while helping AJ with his homework, my brain finally re-engaged and I realized something.  Today is AJ's 100th day of school!  All his homework was about 100.  A poem about 100 things with 100 words.  Skip counting by 5s and 10s to 100.  And of course their 100 days celebration today at school, which he has to write about his favorite part for homework tonight.

I realized that this was more 'even, neat and clean' than my 100th post birthday idea.  And we all know I'm a sucker for 'even, neat and clean'.

If I were the South Florida Fair this would have been my 100th year.  If I were a Chinese baby I'd be 100 days old and getting my name today.  If I were a talk show host, to celebrate my 100th episode, there would be balloons falling from the ceiling and I'd be sending you all off on a trip somewhere great.  If it were my 100th wedding anniversary I'd be getting a 10 karat diamond (Can't wait for that day! Too bad I'm not going to live that long)  Heck, if I was AJ I'd be making 100 Days Trail Mix at school.

Alas, I am me and I am writing this post.  My 100th post.

I didn't go to the fair.  I'm not Chinese. I don't have the money to send you all anywhere (let alone myself) and I certainly don't have the money for a 10K diamond.  (not sure which of the last two would cost more) I could make you all trail mix but then I'd just have a bunch of baggies sitting on my counter and I'm sure I'd eat it all before I saw you again.

I was going to type of a list of 100 things I am grateful for but it would have turned into a list of family and friends since there are so many. (I'd be almost to 100 with just the family) And then what if someone was forgotten or it ended up to be more than 100, that's just awkward.  Or just under, then I would have a couple random 'things' on my list of 'people' and thats kind of odd too.  (please see 'even, neat and clean' reference above)  Mostly though, that would just be a really long list/post and I don't want to subject you all to that kind of torture.

On my list of suggestions was 'What is means to be a Floridian' which is what I was going to make my birthday 100th post about, being as I'm a Floridian.  That doesn't quite follow in the 100's theme that I have going on now, and other than the 100th year of the SF Fair thing, there isn't anything glaringly obvious to join the two together.  Also, the South Florida Fair is certainly not the first thing that comes to mind when I think about being a Floridian.  So I will save the Floridian post for another day.

So that just leaves this useless, rambling post where I type 100 here and there.  See...


(here) 100



                                                                                                                     (there) 100


Just a little Dr. S humor for you.  Oh, oh, oh that would be a great Bunko theme.  Dr Seuss.  Someone make a note of that!  Cindy it follows your last theme.  ;)

And since I haven't written it in a couple lines.  100.

Now if I have counted correctly I have written '100' twenty-five times.  Which is a nice way to keep it 'even, neat and clean'.  In my peculiar way of thinking, anyway.  Just call me 'Wakko'.  hehehe






Today I am thankful for all of the family and friends that I decided not to write in a list for this post.  It's everyone reading this and so many more. 










No comments:

Post a Comment