January 05, 2013

milk?...

After my last post I asked (on facebook) if anyone had any suggestions for blog topics, since every time I sit down to blog my mind goes blank.  The first suggestion I got was the 'milk' fiscal cliff.

I guess I should have specified that (1) not only do I not follow or pay attention to political or governmental goings on (or really most news of any sort) and therefore know nothing about these kinds of things, but (2) I don't particularly care.

I know I probably should at least pay attention but I don't and I most likely never will.  I've come to terms with this, you probably should too.

I came across this comic today and it made me giggle and think of this post.  So I had to add it.



Hehehe.  Anyway,

It was the first time I had heard the term, milk fiscal cliff.  I might as well be completely honest and admit that it was only a few days earlier that I had hear the term 'fiscal cliff' at all and it was on some stupid list of 2012's most over used words/sayings.  So like any good American, I googled it. By the time I was aware that milk prices were on the brink of going sky high, the Farm Bill was already passed.

I still wouldn't have cared.

I don't care about milk.  It's gross and I don't drink it.  I don't buy milk regularly.  So that price increase wouldn't have had a big impact on our household.  Though other things are, of course, impacting our household, but I'm not writing about those I'm writing about milk.  If you were wondering, we buy Almond Milk, and I still don't drink that, mainly I use it on cereal for the kids.

Maybe I seem like a bad, lazy American that doesn't pay attention to their own country.  Maybe I seem like a hard-hearted, thoughtless consumer that doesn't care about the farmers and other little guys.  Think what you may, it won't bother me.  I've never really put much stock in what other people think about me anyway.  I know who I am and what I stand for.  It took me a long time and a difficult road to get there.  Milk will not change that.

So, there you go that is what I think about the 'milk' issue that isn't actually an issue any longer.




Today I am thankful that I live in a country where milk is one of our biggest worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment